AccountabilityA Sustainable Industry, A Sustainable Company
Sustainability is at the heart of all that Klean Industries does and stands for. It's our social and environmental obligation, and our business imperative, to ensure our company operates and grows in a sustainable manner. We are committed to building a sustainable future, to meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs. By working closely with our stakeholders, we actively seek to understand what is important to them and where our efforts are best directed.
With this in mind, Klean's Sustainability Framework focuses on corporate sustainability strategy being integrated into responsible business practice throughout the organisation, such that management practices in four key areas of corporate responsibility (community, environment, workplace and business partners) drive positive performance in a range of commercial, environmental and social impact areas that are material to our business.
The Safety First Model
Achieving the highest possible health and safety standards is a major priority for Klean. As such, we are committed to ensuring that the health and safety of all directors, employees, contractors and visitors is placed above commercial and other priorities. Our workplaces cover environments ranging from the corporate office to more remote development, construction and operating sites. Irrespective of the work environment or location, we aim to be the industry leader in occupational health and safety. Klean is committed to a systematic process of continuous improvement in the pursuit of 'best practice' health and safety performance. We set and track measurable health and safety performance indicators and we aim to vigilantly identify and eliminate or minimise exposure to hazards in the work place as far as is reasonably practicable. With consultation and communication as the key to our health and safety management systems, safe practices are consistent across all our global operations. Educational, training and communication systems are continually refined and, vitally, all incidents and near-misses are fully investigated and action is taken to prevent recurrences.
Klean Industries' corporate mission has always been to create the highest level of client and employee satisfaction while providing innovative, cost-effective, and environmentally proven solutions to client needs. We know the importance of long-term customer relationships, and we therefore believe in developing and fostering partnerships that are mutually beneficial. We view our success as dependent on our customers' success, both now and in the future. Our solutions help our customers increase production, reduce costs and grow revenues. We stand behind our products and services.
We feel our success is founded on our core values and operating code of ethics and standards. Every business has a culture that defines the character not only of the corporation, but also of the individuals who make up that corporation. Klean's corporate culture is defined by the core values that govern our behaviour. The core values by which we measure all of our efforts include Integrity, Teamwork, Performance, Customer Focus, Innovation, Excellence, and Personal Growth.
Klean Industries can only be successful through the empowerment of our managers and associates to execute their job responsibilities to the best of their individual and collective abilities and this is why we have adopted the following code of ethics and standards as a guide for all those at Klean Industries:
- We will confirm rather than assume;
- We will strive to make our workplace a fun place to work;
- We only succeed or fail collectively as a team. As such, we always work as a team;
- We will build personal relationships with our clients founded upon honesty, mutual respect and trust;
- We will ensure that all our work product and efforts conform with company standards and procedures;
- We will utilize company and client resources in a manner consistent with the utilization of our own personal resources;
- We will only make commitments to an associate, client, or vendor which we intend to keep and/or fulfill to the best of our ability;
- We will immediately seek confirmation, help and/or understanding when we are lacking proper experience, are unsure, or confused;
- We will preserve human dignity by conducting ourselves in a manner to afford respect and care for other associates, clients and vendors;
- We will never request or expect someone to do anything that we are unwilling to do ourselves. Conversely, we are committed to do those things we request or expect of others;
- We will never attempt to cover up. Instead, we will announce problems or mistakes immediately upon discovery so that we can mitigate damage by collectively attacking the problem with all the necessary resources and experience.