Plant Efficiency UpgradesUpgrading Your Facility Not Only Makes You More Efficient - It Makes You More Money
Klean Industries helps businesses become more profitable, sustainable and environmentally responsible by providing integrated clean-energy retrofits for commercial buildings and industrial facilities. By using new energy-efficient systems within our built environment we replace old and inefficient energy systems. In today's environment energy retrofitting is one of the most effective ways businesses can reduce their impact on the environment. A multitude of business owners and operators have engaged Klean to reduce their carbon footprint, limiting their organization's impact on the environment and reducing their overall business costs in the process. For every dollar invested in clean energy retrofits the end user can see on average a $6 dollars savings - do your retrofits now!
Our Team has performed hundreds of lighting audits and retrofits with outstanding, real and measurable results. Some of our lighting retrofit projects are saving customers an average of 40% to 50% on their lighting-related energy bills. This translates to over $728,000 every year; $60,000 every month; and $2,000 each and every business day in some cases.
Klean's Energy Retrofit Business Models
Klean's unique retrofit process begins with a detailed energy audit and an assessment of a company's energy issues and infrastructure. Once the analysis is complete we proceed to project design and seek to capitalize on government incentives and grants for the improvements. Through a detailed project management system we efficiently handle contracting, installation and monitoring. The entire energy retrofit program utilizes proven and existing technologies, methods and techniques that have already been implemented throughout the retrofitting industry.
1. Performance Contracting:
- Performance contracting, also known as 'third party financing' or 'contract energy management', can be used to pay for measures to reduce energy and waste-disposal costs, or to recover materials.
- A third-party contractor designs, installs, finances and, if required, operates the cost-saving technology. The contractor is then paid according to the savings achieved - i.e. the performance.
- This mechanism enables local governments to raise money through the issuance of bonds to fund such energy projects.
- The financing is repaid over a set number of years through a special tax or assessment on the property tax bill of only those property-owners who choose to participate in the program.
- Examples include: Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE), Sustainable Energy Financing, Special Tax Districts.
- Total cost of the retrofit is financed by the customer.
- Customer estimates that the upfront cost of the retrofit will be more than offset by future energy savings.